Achieving Good Communications
Communicating well can be challenging.
I help brands raise awareness, get attention, earned media, and deliver the right messages to the right people at the right times to spur them to action.
Together, we can meet your goals and make an impact.
Managing Director, Communications and Corporate Relations | Caring for Friends
Raising awareness, developing strategy, and overseeing communications for a food program serving greater Philadelphia.
• Developed communications and marketing strategy leading to 100% increase in media mentions in just six months over the prior year
• Rebuilt email marketing database and implemented monthly eNewsletters with 20+% open and 2-3% click rates • Writes external communications, including direct email, eNewsletters, and annual reports
• Cultivated new donors and grew existing relationships with banks, media companies, and retailers, leading to over $200k in monetary and in-kind donations
• Oversee content creation and posting, including updating the WordPress website, conducting interviews and developing client stories, and designing graphics and infographics
• Lead website redesign as acting project manager, copywriter, and content developer
Director of Communications | Philabundance
Developed strategy and coached a team of four responsible for elevating branding and raising visibility. Promoted after one year as Deputy Director. Previously was the Senior PR Manager.
• Created annual goals and communications plans for PR, advertising, digital media, and content development to support the organization’s strategic plan
• Relationship manager for 6abc’s Holiday Food Drive and WMMR’s Preston & Steve’s Camp Out for Hunger, the largest single-location food drive in the U.S.
• Wrote and edited external communications, including talking points, client stories, crisis communications, annual reports, quarterly newsletters, and blog content
• Developed internal communications plans and sensitive communications for staff and the Board, especially sensitive HR matters and fiscal information
• Acted as organizational spokesperson for media opportunities, as well as identified, trained, and prepped other spokespeople
• Oversaw website redesign RFP and discovery process which led to a new site whose results saw more than a 50% increase in sessions
PR and Marketing Manager | Brooklyn Public Library
Managed PR and Marketing for a 60-location nonprofit.
• Created marketing campaigns for new products and services, events and initiatives
• Developed and implemented public relations campaigns
• Directed and wrote external communications, including development materials
• Initiated and managed social media platforms
• Relationship manager for city agencies, external partners and funders
• Directed crisis communications by developing communications plans, working in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board
• Managed a team of up to six copywriters, as well as an external PR firm
Muhlenberg College | Allentown, PA
B/A in English and Communications
Magna Cum Laude
Central High School | Philadelphia, PA
Springside School | Philadelphia, PA
Director, Communications and Marketing | Benefits Data Trust
Created the organization’s first communications and marketing team to raise awareness of the national nonprofit through public relations, content development, and digital media.
• Developed communications and marketing strategy, leading to meeting and exceeding all 2020 goals, including:
A 100% increase in media mentions over goal
Over-delivery of content development and speaking opportunities
• Responsible for external communications, such as collateral, op-eds, and DEI content
• Improved usability of the website, by implementing a promotional carousel and alerts
• Led a messaging audit to develop a new boilerplate and talking points
• Collaborated with internal and external stakeholders to develop integrated marketing campaigns on diverse and complex topics, such as an AI chatbot and social determinant of health white papers
• Recruited, hired, and coached a diverse team of young women remotely during the pandemic
VP of Strategic Communications | Opportunity Finance Network
Increased visibility of a national community development membership nonprofit striving to help increase financial equity, as well as its initiatives, partners, and members
• Developed annual PR strategy by writing and pitching press releases, developing media relationships, securing and managing interviews, and working with external vendors
• Responsible for integrated marketing campaigns, including an $8.35mm Wells Fargo awards program for innovative housing, and Starbucks’ $15mm Create Jobs for USA campaign
• Developed and implemented digital media strategy to increase visibility and build new donor, advocacy, and client audiences
• Oversaw external communications, including e-newsletters, emails, and web content
• Led marketing education efforts with member organizations by leading conference calls, webinars and panel discussions at its annual 1,000+ person conference • Directed digital media, including social media, content development, emails, and videos
A Little Better Creative HL Strategy SCH Academy
Co-Owner & Publicist 2StreetSammies food cart
Blogger Mentor Board Member
Philadelphia Public Relations Association
Freelance Writer Philadelphia Family, Mommy Nearest, FridaMom, AMNY newspaper, Time Out NY magazine, The NY Sun newspaper, The Jewish Exponent
Pro Bono Publicist
Sonas to US
PR Manager | SUSHISAMBA Restaurant Group
Affiliate Marketing Manager | Barnes & Noble.com
Account Manager | K2 Design Advertising
Account Executive | Griffin Bacal Advertising